1. What is a cookie?
2. How can I disable cookies?
Information about cookies:
1 - What is a cookie?
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a website is visited by a user. The text stores information that the site is able to read in the moment in which it is seen at a later time. Some of these cookies are necessary for the proper operation of the site, others are useful to the visitor because they can safely store such as a user name or language settings. The advantage of having the cookies installed in your PC is to no longer need to fill out the same information each time you want to access a site visited previously.
You can change your browser to turn off cookies through a very simple procedure. Caution: disabling cookies is username password will no longer be stored on the login box on the site.
1. Open Firefox
2. Press the "Alt" key on your keyboard
3. In the toolbar at the top of your browser, select "Tools" and then "Options"
4. Then select the tab "Privacy"
5. Go to "Settings History," and then "Use custom settings". Uncheck "Accept cookies from sites" and save preferences.
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on "Tools" and then "Internet Options"
3. Select the "Privacy" tab and move the slider to the privacy level you want to set (up to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow it all)
4. Then click on OK
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on the "Tools"
3. Select "Settings" and then "Advanced Settings"
4. Select "Content settings" under "Privacy"
5. In the "Cookies" you can clear cookies, and save preferences
1. Open Safari
2. Choose "Preferences" in the toolbar, then select the panel "Security" in the dialog box that follows
3. In the "Accept Cookies" you can specify if and when Safari should save the cookies from websites. For more information click on the Help button (labeled with a question mark)
4. For more information about cookies that are stored on your computer, click "Show Cookies"